Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Interview with Roberta Morris

I really enjoyed having the opportunity to talk with Roberta. I previously had the opportunity to have Roberta as an instructor for another class that at this moment I do not remember the correct title for it. However, I never knew there was so much more to her. Roberta was gracious enough to attend my New Journalism Media class which she broke it down on what ethics really should be in journalism and specially in media journalism.. She read a short play to us, that really hit home. How things can be shown and the way it can effect us.

I would have really liked to have had more time to ask more questions in her views of how people now take journalism and how it was before.

As a young boy, I always was very trust worthy in excepting what the media will show or tell us what is going on in the world at that moment. Now, I question every corner of the news. It is my personal opinion and belief, that it is not so much the writers or journalist fault as to how they spin a story, but ours. We pay attention to drama. We have given the corporate news casting companies the belief that this is what we expect as consumers.

We must take a step back and try to remember what really is important to us. We must remember, we are citizens, not consumers.

No comments:

Post a Comment