Wednesday, June 15, 2011

New Career Path's To Consider

As a future grad from Ai-California-Hollywood, I thought of two things, looking for either a web or print job. Although my major was Interactive Media as well, it never crossed my mind of what other type of career paths I can take till now.


During a class assignment that required me to research for online writer listings, I was able to see how far job opportunities have come about do to the internet. As people now require information on the spot instead of waiting for it to go to print for you to know what was going on. News is now given in real time while the situation is happening.

Which brings me to the job ad I was able to find. First off, I went to Journalismjobs.com where I was able to search for different types of jobs that are available for writers. Then in the search box I wrote "online writers", which populated a few results for me. It is here where I read one of the most interesting job ads for which they where hiring for. The position was titled as "Looking for Mobile Technology Writers". The first two words that stud out to me where "Technology Writers", but the word I found more interesting was "Mobile"? This left me curious to want to read on and see what type of job this might be, so I read on.

 Seems the company was looking to hire a few people that where willing to cover different types of tech events around their area as to be able to cover any new technology that might be coming out soon that we, the public, will be interested in knowing. This position gave various opportunities. They where looking for U.S. editors, European Editors, weekend editors, and even feature contributors.

So if you are a full-time working person that loves to go to conventions as to keep up to date of what new mobile technology is coming out, this would be for you. You can now get paid to go to conventions and see what is coming out and give your opinion of the product.

If you would like to know more detailed information of the job or see the posting, feel free to click here.

Here are a few other reference links you might be interested in checking out as well:


journalism.berkeley.edu/jobs/othersites/
career.sdsu.edu/MAJORS/links/journalism.htm
iwantmedia.com/jobs/
newslink.org/newjoblinkquicksearch.html

Hope this gives you guys a little more inspiration of the types of jobs that are now available for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment